Paul Huszar is the CEO, President, and majority owner of VetCor, LLC, a restoration company focused on hiring veterans, and recognized as the 2016 Bright House Networks Start-up of the Year in the Tampa Bay Region, and finalist for the Greater Tampa Chamber’s similar recognition. VetCor operates throughout south Florida with a vision of even greater expansion. Paul retired from 23 years of active duty military service including four combat tours in Iraq, one unaccompanied tour in Korea, and operational deployments to Thailand, Bolivia, Honduras, Panama, and Haiti. He and his family moved to South Tampa upon his retirement, and he began his tenure as President of VetCor on December 9, 2013. Paul was born and raised in Akron, Ohio. He was commissioned in the US Army Corps of Engineers in May 1990. He earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from the United States Military Academy and a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Washington. He also earned graduate certificates in Administration and Management, and Global Trade, Transportation and Logistics from UW and is a licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Missouri. He is a graduate of the Army Command and General Staff College, Combined Arms Services Staff School, Sapper Leader Course, Pathfinder School, Advanced and Basic Airborne Schools, Master Fitness Course, and the Engineer Officer Basic and Advanced Courses.
His last assignment on active duty was as the Director of Training and Leader Development (Dean) for the U.S. Army Engineer School. Prior to his terminal assignment at Fort Leonard Wood, MO, LTC(R) Huszar commanded the 307th Engineer Battalion (Combat)(Airborne) which transformed from the 37th Engineer Battalion (Combat)(Airborne) on 15 September 2010. LTC(R) Huszar also commanded Joint Task Force Eagle during Operation Iraqi Freedom 09-11 from June 2009 to May 2010, a 1,000+ Soldier and Airmen multifunctional engineer joint task force formed around the 37th , operating throughout northern and western Iraq. His previous assignments in the Army include:
- Brigade Operations Officer, 20th Engineer Brigade (Combat)(Airborne) [Operation Iraqi Freedom 07-
- XVIII Airborne Corps Engineer Plans Officer, Fort Bragg, NC
- Multi National Corp-Iraq Engineer Chief of Plans (OIF 04-06), Camp Victory, Iraq
- Battalion Executive Officer, 27th Engineer Battalion (Combat)(Airborne), Fort Bragg, NC
- Battalion S3/Operations Officer, 2nd Engineer Battalion, 2 nd Infantry Division, Camp Castle, Korea
- Deputy Commander for Military Programs; Deputy Director, Planning Division; and Civil Works Project
Manager, Sacramento District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Battalion Executive Officer; Commander, A Company; Battalion Assistant S3/Operations Officer; and
Battalion S4/Logistics Officer, 168th Engineer Battalion, 3rd Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, Fort Lewis,
- Battalion S3 Air Operations Officer; Executive Officer, B Company; and Combat Engineer and Light Equipment Platoon Leaders, C Company; 37th EN BN, 20th EN BDE, Fort Bragg, NC (Desert Shield/Storm) LTC(R) Huszar’s military awards and decorations include: The Legion of Merit, The Bronze Star Medal with oak leaf cluster, Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Meritorious Service Medal with three oak lea clusters, Army Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster, Army Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster, several other service medals and unit awards, Sapper Tab, Master Parachutist Badge, Pathfinder Badge, Australian, Chilean, and Honduran Parachutist Badges, and The Silver and Bronze Orders of the DeFleury Medal.
Paul’s wife, Elise, is the President of The Geneva Foundation, a non-profit organization that supports and advances innovative medical research within the U.S. military. They have two children: Grant, a sophomore at Florida State University, and Madison, a senior at Plant High School. Paul is a member of the Hillsborough and Sarasota Counties Veterans Commissions, the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce Military Affairs Council, and Congresswoman Castor’s nominating committee for West Point. Paul enjoys coaching and playing all sports, and has been a youth sports coach for 15 years. He holds a National “D” soccer coaching license and serves as the assistant coach for the Plant High School boys’ soccer team. He is an active veteran’s advocate and enjoys public speaking opportunities about leadership, entrepreneurship, and veteran’s advocacy. He is also a member of Leadership Tampa Alumni, Class of ’15 – The Best Class Ever!